Monday, January 10, 2011

The Cranberry Files

I had two bags of whole cranberries leftover from this year's Christmas party at school. (FYI – It only takes one bag of cranberries for 19 students to make garland.)

I'm a huge fan of cranberry relish, but I decided to mix it up and try out some new recipes. Most call for dried cranberries, so I've had to do some hunting to find recipes with fresh cranberries.

Here's recipe number one:


Fresh Cranberry Muffins

1 ¾ cups flour

½ cup oats

2/3 cup sugar

2 tsp. baking powder

¼ tsp. salt

1 cup chopped fresh cranberries

2/3 cup milk

¼ cup melted butter

1 tsp. orange rind

½ tsp. vanilla

1 egg


Mix all ingredients together and scoop into 12 muffin cups. (I left out the orange rind and added the oats.)

Bake at 400 degrees for about 18 minutes.


The result: Super tasty and tangy. I ate all of them myself (over a few days, of course…)

Success!

No comments:

Post a Comment